Monday, May 14, 2012

One Picture is Worth 1,000 Words, so this post is saving you having to read slightly less than 16,000 words, written by me.


But first, a word from our sponsor. You probably didn’t notice, but I did not post to the blog last week. There are several reasons for this:

  1. I am actually serving a mission and have things to do, you know.
  2. They didn’t have the Internet on computers here yet. It was only available last week on rotary dial phones.
  3. I had to see a man.
  4. I HAZ A BRAIN FREEZE. KBAI. (Thank you Therese Odell for teaching me this brilliant phrase) 

Here is a lovely photograph of my companion and I just popping up for a wee bit of fun. Note the chisleled cheeks and silver fox hair. I don’t look too bad either.

 This is an arial view of Rosslyn Chapel in Edinburgh, Scotland. This is the chapel from the DaVinci Code. We were there a couple of weeks ago. We even went down into the crypt, where we found what we believe to be a piece of Tom Hanks. This chapel is the way coolest thing I have seen in the mission, besides a baptism.

Anna & Enrique were baptised and it was brilliant! They are two wonderfully special people whom we met at the YSA Centre. This is why we are here.

I went to a bike shop, where I found this awesome bike saddle, with what appears to be a mailbox glued to the back side. Very high tech.

We sometimes get invited to speak in church. For some reason, we don't get invited back.

We found this in an old school house. If anyone knows what it is for, please email me. I think it’s from an alternate universe but I’m not sure.

My companion out in front of our place in Belfast, resting up after weeding the front garden. 

There is no photoshopping on this picture. Sister Olsen is actually airborne. Don’t ask me why; I just take the pictures, I don’t understand them.

I have discovered that the light at the end of the tunnel is my wife. This is so deep in symbology that I need to let you draw your own conclusions or we’ll be here all day.

There is a very cool place in County Antrim called The Dark Hedges. After following several charming wee country lanes, you drive around a bend and you are in the Dark Hedges.

This is how Dark Hedges look Over There (if you were serving a mission on Fringe, which I haven’t seen for seven months because we don’t watch TV). We are on a mission, you know.

We are totally converted to manly sports like lawn bowling. I hope to introduce this to Timber Lakes upon my return.

The north Antrim coast is just stunning. This photo is where one of the glens of Antrim runs down to the sea. I can look at this scenery all day long and never get tired of the amazing beauty and majesty of the creation.  

My companion snapped this photo within two seconds of my plea for a picture as we drove along the coast. This is just amazing stuff and pictures do not do it justice.

Twenty eight of the best missionaries in the world, plus one member of the First Presidency.

Our charming selves. You would never know from this photo that we are thrilled about everything in our mission with the possible exception of how much weight we have gained.



TTFNI
Ta Ta from Northern Ireland

Elder Blickenstaff 

No comments:

Post a Comment