Monday, June 11, 2012

More fun than a barrel of monkeys. Way more.


It is totally amazing to me to contemplate time. The days here go racing by at an incredible pace. We get up and in a few minutes it is time to go to bed. The weeks and months are streaking past us like there is no tomorrow. My companion tells me that we have been here for eight months already. How is that possible? Since I cannot answer that question, I will race along to the main point of this week’s post.

In case I have inadvertently given the impression that we spend all of our time having fun, I would like to clarify a point of doctrine. We spend absolutely all of our time having fun. Doctrinally, we support this by the following:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart of you my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;” (D&C 11:13)

Serving together as missionaries has been the best thing we have done for years. It is impossible to describe the blessings that have been showered upon us here in Northern Ireland. If you want to feel wanted, welcomed and loved, serve a mission with your spouse.

Amen.

You don't find this kind of architecture in Heber City or Blanding.

While they were looking for us...

...we were just hanging around looking innocent.

Comforting the Saints

Fellowshipping new members who are now new friends

The Red Hand of Ulster

Exposing the wicked

Providing service

It comes in tankers?

More service

My favorite missionary companion of all time!

True fun!

We are having more fun than we can imagine, which is a lot.

Elder Blickenstaff 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having such a great time! Try not to have too much fun till we get there! ;)

    ReplyDelete